Newer 14 Bolt Full Float Disc Brake Conversion Kit – Slide-on Drums
Upgrade the brakes on your full float 14 bolt axle with slide-on style drums with our disc brake conversion kit!
- Parts are OEM quality (or better)
- Available add-ons include performance rotors and powder coated HD calipers
- Everything you need to do both sides of the axle is included in every kit (except brake fluid)
Every US order includes free priority shipping.
NOTE: 16″ or larger wheels are required with this kit.
Converting the drum brakes on your 14 bolt axle to disc brakes has a lot of benefits:
- Improved braking performance
- Increased resistance to brake fade
- Reduced un-sprung weight on the rear axle for a better ride
- More clearance for wheels
- Improved brake pedal feel
- Easier brake maintenance
Whether you’re upgrading the drum brakes in your old pickup to disc, or adding disc brakes to an axle that’s going in a custom buggy, we’ve got you covered.
Every Lugnut4x4 disc brake conversion kit includes all the parts you need to convert your drum brakes to disc – all you need are the appropriate tools, brake fluid, and a little elbow grease.
NOTE: Not sure if you have a full-float or semi-float 14 bolt axle? Not sure if you have a slide-on drum or not? No problem! Check out our 14 bolt identification chart and you’ll know exactly what you need.
This 14 bolt axle drum brake conversion kit is for full float axles with a slide-on drum. Beginning in 1988, a “slide-on” style of drum was offered on the 14 bolt axle. This was considered an upgrade over the older stud-mounted drum design.
However, some vehicles were produced with the older “stud mounted” style of drum after 1988. In fact, both stud mounted and slide-on drums can be found on vehicles as new as 1999.
Since both slide-on and stud mounted drums can be found on late 80’s and 90’s model trucks, be sure to check your axles against our identification chart. (Also, our kit for stud mounted drum 14 bolt full float axles is here).
NOTE: This kit requires 16″ or larger wheels.
The kit includes:
- (2) GM 12.5″ standard 3/4 ton truck rotors (these slide on outside the hub like factory drums)
- (2) 3/8″ thick laser cut brackets
- (2) GM standard duty JB6 3/4 ton truck brake calipers with steel pistons. Heavy-duty JB7 caliper upgrades are available.
- (2) caliper pins
- (1) set of four high quality semi-metallic brake pads. Ceramic brake pads are available as an upgrade.
- (4) copper washers
- (2) stainless steel banjo bolts
- (2) new inner hub/wheel seals
- Anti-rattle clips
- (2) flexible brake hoses, which can optionally be upgraded to braided stainless steel
- All bolts are Grade 8, much stronger than the standard Grade 5 you find in most kits
Please note that our mounting brackets are available separately here, and we can also provide longer braided stainless steel brake hoses here. To order this kit with the longer 18″ braided stainless, just order this kit with no hoses, and then add-on the 18″ hoses as a separate item.
Interested in adding an emergency brake? If so, we offer calipers with integrated emergency brakes (just select that option above). This will give you a manual e-brake that hooks up to your cables.
Kit includes instruction sheet and part number list, so that ordering replacement parts is easy. Anyone with a basic understanding of brake systems will find the installation simple. Our only bit of advice: The rotor goes on the backside of the hub.
|Stainless Steel Hoses +$20|
Standard JB6 Calipers / Semi-Metallic Pads, Standard JB6 Calipers / Ceramic Pads (+$20), Emergency Brake Calipers +$200, No Calipers or Pads (-$60)
14 bolt full float Single Rear Wheel newer style (1988 and up) slide on rotors for stock vehicles, 14 bolt full float Single Rear Wheel newer style (1988 and up) rotors behind the hub