Ford Sterling 10.25 Disc Brake Conversion Kit – Single Rear Wheel
Upgrade the rear drum brakes on your Ford Sterling 10.25 axle with our disc brake conversion kit!
- Parts are original quality (or better)
- Available add-ons include performance rotors and powder coated HD calipers
- Everything you need to do both sides of the axle is included in every kit (except brake fluid)
Free priority shipping in the US. Configure your kit below! ⇩</str
Converting the rear drum brakes on your Ford Sterling 10.25 over to disc brakes has a lot of benefits:
- Improved braking performance
- Increased resistance to brake fade
- Reduced un-sprung weight on the rear axle for a better ride
- More clearance for wheels
- Improved brake pedal feel
- Easier brake maintenance
Whether you’re upgrading the drum brakes in your old pickup to disc, or adding disc brakes to an axle that’s going in a custom buggy, we’ve got you covered.
Every Lugnut4x4 disc brake conversion kit includes all the parts you need to convert your drum brakes to disc – all you need are the appropriate tools, brake fluid, and a little elbow grease.
This drum brake conversion kit is for all Ford Sterling full float single rear wheel (SRW) axles with drum brakes from 1985 to 1997. Model years 1985 to 1992 requires the use of a washer as spacers for the bracket (included) whereas 1993-1997 does not. This kit will clear factory 16″ wheels.
The kit includes:
- (2) new 1996 Ford E350 (1 ton van) rotors
- (2) 3/8″ thick laser cut brackets
- (2) GM standard duty JB6 3/4 ton truck brake calipers with steel pistons. Heavy-duty JB7 caliper upgrades are available.
- (2) caliper pins
- (1) set of four high quality semi-metallic brake pads. Ceramic brake pads are available as an upgrade.
- (4) copper washers
- (2) banjo bolts
- Anti-rattle clips
- (2) flexible brake hoses, which can optionally be upgraded to braided stainless steel
- All bolts are Grade 8, much stronger than the standard Grade 5 you find in most kits
Please note that while mounting brackets are included in all our brake kits, our brackets are also sold individually here, and we can also provide longer braided stainless steel brake hoses here. To order this kit with the longer 24″ braided stainless, just order this kit with no hoses, and then add-on the 24″ hoses as a separate item.
Lift kits and hoses: Remember, the brake lines connect the caliper to the hard line on the axle. Since the hose does not go from the caliper to the frame, the amount of lift does not matter.
Kit includes instruction sheet and part number list, so that ordering replacement parts is easy. Anyone with a basic understanding of brake systems will find the installation simple. This kit features a slide on rotor that goes the same place as the drum. This makes it easy when you need to change the rotor in the future.
NOTE: Ford Sterling 10.25 disc brake conversion kit instructions can be viewed here.