Dana 70 Disc Brake Conversion Kit – 8 Lug – Single Rear Wheel
Upgrade the drum brakes on your Dana 70 with our disc brake conversion kit!
- Parts are original quality (or better)
- Available add-ons include performance rotors and powder coated HD calipers
- Everything you need to do both sides of the axle is included in every kit (except brake fluid)
- On the Ford Dana 70 kits, you will need to grind on the hub to take off about an eighth of an inch of material at the bottom for the rotor to fit properly. This procedure can be done with a normal hand grinder and about 10 to 15 minutes.
Every US order includes free priority shipping.
Converting the drum brakes on your 8 lug Dana 70 over to disc brakes has a lot of benefits:
- Improved braking performance
- Increased resistance to brake fade
- Reduced un-sprung weight on the rear axle for a better ride
- More clearance for wheels
- Improved brake pedal feel
- Easier brake maintenance
Whether you’re upgrading the drum brakes in your old pickup to disc, or adding disc brakes to an axle that’s going in a custom buggy, we’ve got you covered.
Every Lugnut4x4 disc brake conversion kit includes all the parts you need to convert your drum brakes to disc – all you need are the appropriate tools, brake fluid, and a little elbow grease.
This Dana 70 drum brake conversion kit is a universal fit weld-on kit. When you install the kit, you’ll want to bolt the kit together, tack on the brackets, and then disassemble before fully welding on the brackets. Like all Lugnut4x4 kits, this kit clears 16″ wheels.
The kit includes:
- (2) GM 12.5″ standard 3/4 ton truck rotors
- (2) 3/8″ thick laser cut brackets
- (2) GM standard duty JB6 3/4 ton truck brake calipers with steel pistons. Heavy-duty JB7 caliper upgrades are available.
- (2) caliper pins
- (1) set of four high quality semi-metallic brake pads. Ceramic brake pads are available as an upgrade.
- (4) copper washers
- (2) banjo bolts
- Anti-rattle clips
- (2) flexible brake hoses, which can optionally be upgraded to braided stainless steel
Please note that while mounting brackets are included in all our brake kits, our brackets are also sold individually here, and we can also provide longer braided stainless steel brake hoses here. To order this kit with the longer 24″ braided stainless, just order this kit with no hoses, and then add-on the 24″ hoses as a separate item.
Lift kits and hoses: Remember, the brake lines connect the caliper to the hard line on the axle. Since the hose does not go from the caliper to the frame, the amount of lift does not matter.
Kit includes part number list, so that ordering replacement parts is easy. Anyone with a basic understanding of brake systems will find the installation simple. Our only bit of advice: The rotor goes on the backside of the hub.
There are no reviews yet.