Dana 60 Disc Brake Conversion Kit For 76-97 Ford Front Axle
Upgrade the front drum brakes on your 1976 to 1997 Ford Dana 60 axle with our disc brake conversion kit!
- Parts are OEM quality (or better)
- Available add-ons include performance rotors and powder coated HD calipers
- Everything you need to do both sides of the axle is included in every kit (except brake fluid)
Every US order includes free priority shipping.
NOTE: This kit will not work with the OEM Ford rotors
Converting the front drum brakes on your 1977 to 1991 Chevy Dana 60 axle over to disc brakes has a lot of benefits:
- Improved braking performance
- Increased resistance to brake fade
- Reduced un-sprung weight on the front axle for a better ride (40lbs lighter than stock)
- More clearance for wheels (this kit clears most 15″ steel wheels with 3.5″ or less backspacing)
- Improved brake pedal feel
- Easier brake maintenance
Whether you’re upgrading the drum brakes in your old pickup to disc, or adding disc brakes to an axle that’s going in a custom buggy, we’ve got you covered.
Every Lugnut4x4 disc brake conversion kit includes all the parts you need to convert your drum brakes to disc – all you need are the appropriate tools, brake fluid, and a little elbow grease.
This Dana 60 axle drum brake conversion kit is for 1976 to 1997 Ford trucks. A new and improved design, our kit now works with all known aftermarket knuckles including Crane Knuckles. This kit even works on a Ford balljoint axle up to 1997!
NOTE: This kit does NOT work with OEM Ford rotors. It also uses a 1/8″ spacer bracket (included) that goes between the bracket and the knuckle.
The kit includes:
- (2) GM 12.5″ standard 3/4 ton truck rotors
- (2) 3/8″ thick laser cut brackets
- (2) GM standard duty JB6 3/4 ton truck brake calipers with steel pistons. Heavy-duty JB7 caliper upgrades are available.
- (2) caliper pins
- (1) set of four high quality semi-metallic brake pads. Ceramic brake pads are available as an upgrade.
- (4) copper washers
- (2) stainless steel banjo bolts
- (2) new inner hub/wheel seals
- Anti-rattle clips
- (2) flexible brake hoses, which can optionally be upgraded to braided stainless steel
- All bolts are Grade 8, much stronger than the standard Grade 5 you find in most kits
- (2) 1/8″ spacer brackets that go between the main bracket and the knuckle
Please note that our mounting brackets are available separately here, and we can also provide longer braided stainless steel brake hoses here. To order this kit with the longer 18″ braided stainless, just order this kit with no hoses, and then add-on the 18″ hoses as a separate item.
Kit includes instruction sheet and part number list, so that ordering replacement parts is easy. Anyone with a basic understanding of brake systems will find the installation simple.
|Type of vehicle|
Standard JB6 Calipers / Semi-Metallic Pads, Standard JB6 Calipers / Ceramic Pads (+$20), Heavy Duty JB7 Calipers / Semi-Metallic Pads (may require larger master cylinder), Heavy Duty JB7 Calipers / Ceramic Pads (may require larger master cylinder) (+$20), No Calipers or Pads (-$60)
High Performance Slotted Rotors (+$80), Standard Rotors