Dana 60 Disc Brake Upgrade Kit For 1976-97 Ford Front Axle
Upgrade the front OE disc brakes on your 1976 to 1997 Ford Dana 60 axle with our disc brake upgrade kit!
- Parts are OEM quality (or better)
- Available add-ons include performance rotors and powder coated HD calipers
- Everything you need to do both sides of the axle is included in every kit (except brake fluid)
- Specifically designed for 8-lug axles
Every US order includes free priority shipping. Please note: if you choose to upgrade to slotted rotors, they will take 2-4 weeks to ship.
NOTE: This kit will not work with the OEM Ford rotors
Upgrading the disc brakes on your 1976 to 1997 Ford Dana 60 with a kit from Lugnut4x4 has a lot of benefits:
- Improved braking performance
- Increased resistance to brake fade
- More clearance for wheels (this kit clears most 15″ steel wheels with 3.5″ or less backspacing)
- Improved brake pedal feel
If you’re looking for a way to make your old truck stop better and faster – and more reliably – you’ve found it.
Everything You Need
Every Lugnut4x4 brake kit includes all the parts you need to upgrade your old brake system – all you need are the appropriate tools, brake fluid, and a little elbow grease.
This Dana 60 axle disc brake upgrade kit is for 1976 to 1997 Ford trucks (8-lug axles only). A new and improved design, our kit now works with all known aftermarket knuckles including Crane Knuckles. This kit even works on a Ford balljoint axle up to 1997!
NOTE: This kit does NOT work with OEM Ford rotors. It also uses a 1/8″ spacer bracket (included) that goes between the bracket and the knuckle.
The kit includes:
- (2) 12.5″ standard 3/4 ton truck rotors
- (2) 3/8″ thick laser cut brackets
- (2) Standard duty JB6 3/4 ton truck brake calipers with steel pistons. Heavy-duty JB7 caliper upgrades are available.
- (2) Caliper pins
- (1) Set of four high quality semi-metallic brake pads. Ceramic brake pads are available as an upgrade.
- (4) Copper washers
- (2) Stainless steel banjo bolts
- (2) New inner hub/wheel seals
- Anti-rattle clips
- All bolts are Grade 8, much stronger than the standard Grade 5 you find in most kits
Please note that while mounting brackets are included in all our brake kits, our brackets are also sold individually here, and we can also provide stainless steel brake hoses here. To order this kit with the longer 18″ braided stainless, just order this kit with no hoses, and then add-on the 18″ hoses as a separate item.
Kit includes instruction sheet and part number list, so that ordering replacement parts is easy. Anyone with a basic understanding of brake systems will find the installation simple.
|Type of vehicle|
Standard JB6 Calipers / Semi-Metallic Pads, Standard JB6 Calipers / Ceramic Pads (+$20), Heavy Duty JB7 Calipers / Semi-Metallic Pads (may require larger master cylinder), Heavy Duty JB7 Calipers / Ceramic Pads (may require larger master cylinder) (+$20), No Calipers or Pads (-$60)
High Performance Slotted Rotors (+$80), Standard Rotors