Build Your Kit: Dana 60 Disc Brake Conversion Kit – Single Rear Wheel – All 8 Lug Axles
Note: This kit fits all 8 lug Dana 60 single rear wheel axles.
Upgrade the drum brakes on your Dana 60 axle with our disc brake conversion kit!
- Parts are original quality (or better)
- Upgrade calipers, rotors, brake pads, and more
- Everything you need to do both sides of the axle is included in every kit except brake fluid!
Free priority shipping. Configure your kit below!
Converting the drum brakes on your Dana 60 axle to disc brakes has a lot of benefits:
- Improved braking performance
- Easier brake maintenance
- Increased resistance to brake fade
- Reduced un-sprung weight on the rear axle for a better ride
- Improved brake pedal feel
Whether you’re upgrading the drum brakes in your old pickup to disc, or adding disc brakes to an axle that’s going in a custom buggy, we’ve got you covered. This kit fits 1967-1985 Ford, 1968-1972 Chevy, 1972 & up Jeep, 1960-1993 Dodge, and 1994 & up Dodge rear axles (*8-lug axles only).
Every Lugnut4x4 disc brake conversion kit includes all the parts you need to convert your drum brakes to disc – all you need are the appropriate tools, brake fluid, and a little elbow grease.
The kit includes:
- (2) GM 12.5″ standard 3/4 ton truck rotors
- (2) 3/8″ thick laser cut brackets
- (2) GM standard duty JB6 3/4 ton t steel pistons. Heavy-duty JB7 caliper upgrades are available.
- (2) caliper pins
- (1) set of four high quality semi-metallic brake pads. Ceramic brake pads are available as an upgrade.
- (4) copper washers
- (2) steel banjo bolts
- Anti-rattle clips
- (2) flexible brake hoses, which can optionally be upgraded to braided stainless steel
- All bolts are Grade 8, much stronger than the standard Grade 5 you find in most kits
- (2) washers to act as spacers (if needed)
Please note that while mounting brackets are included in all our brake kits, our brackets are also sold individually here, and we can also provide longer braided stainless steel brake hoses here. To order this kit with the longer 18″ braided stainless, just order this kit with no hoses, and then add-on the 18″ hoses as a separate item.
Lift kits and hoses: Remember, the brake lines connect the caliper to the hard line on the axle. Since the hose does not go from the caliper to the frame, the amount of lift does not matter.
Interested in adding an emergency brake? If so, we offer calipers with integrated emergency brakes (just select that option above). This will give you a manual e-brake that hooks up to your cables.
We include a parts list with instructions in the kit so that you can order replacement parts locally if you want.
Anyone with a basic understanding of brake systems will find the installation simple. Our only bit of advice: The rotor goes on the backside