Dana 60 Disc Brake Conversion Kit For 1967-1985 Ford Rear Axle
Upgrade the drum brakes on your 1967-1985 Ford Dana 60 with our disc brake conversion kit!
- Parts are OEM quality (or better)
- Available add-ons include performance rotors and powder coated HD calipers
- Everything you need to do both sides of the axle is included in every kit (except brake fluid)
Every US order includes free priority shipping.
Converting the drum brakes on your 1967-1985 Ford Dana 60 over to disc brakes has a lot of benefits:
- Improved braking performance
- Increased resistance to brake fade
- Reduced un-sprung weight on the rear axle for a better ride
- More clearance for wheels
- Improved brake pedal feel
- Easier brake maintenance
Whether you’re upgrading the drum brakes in your old pickup to disc, or adding disc brakes to an axle that’s going in a custom buggy, we’ve got you covered.
Every Lugnut4x4 disc brake conversion kit includes all the parts you need to convert your drum brakes to disc – all you need are the appropriate tools, brake fluid, and a little elbow grease.
This Dana 60 drum brake conversion kit is for 1967-1985 Fords. Some years will require a washer that acts as a spacer between the bracket and the axle flange, so those washers are included in this kit.
The kit includes:
- (2) GM 12.5″ standard 3/4 ton truck rotors
- (2) 3/8″ thick laser cut brackets
- (2) GM standard duty JB6 3/4 ton truck brake calipers with steel pistons. Heavy-duty JB7 caliper upgrades are available.
- (2) caliper pins
- (1) set of four high quality semi-metallic brake pads. Ceramic brake pads are available as an upgrade.
- (4) copper washers
- (2) stainless steel banjo bolts
- Anti-rattle clips
- (2) flexible brake hoses, which can optionally be upgraded to braided stainless steel
- All bolts are Grade 8, much stronger than the standard Grade 5 you find in most kits
- (2) washers to act as spacers (if needed)
Please note that while mounting brackets are included in all our brake kits, our brackets are also sold individually here, and we can also provide longer braided stainless steel brake hoses here. To order this kit with the longer 18″ braided stainless, just order this kit with no hoses, and then add-on the 18″ hoses as a separate item.
Lift kits and hoses: Remember, the brake lines connect the caliper to the hard line on the axle. Since the hose does not go from the caliper to the frame, the amount of lift does not matter.
Interested in adding an emergency brake? If so, we offer calipers with integrated emergency brakes (just select that option above). This will give you a manual e-brake that hooks up to your cables.
Kit includespart number list, so that ordering replacement parts is easy. Anyone with a basic understanding of brake systems will find the installation simple. Our only bit of advice: The rotor goes on the backside of the hub.
Standard JB6 Calipers / Semi-Metallic Pads, Standard JB6 Calipers / Ceramic Pads (+$20), Heavy Duty JB7 Calipers / Semi-Metallic Pads (may require larger master cylinder), Heavy Duty JB7 Calipers / Ceramic Pads (may require larger master cylinder) (+$20), Emergency Brake Calipers +$200, No Calipers or Pads (-$60)
High Performance Slotted Rotors (+$80), Standard Rotors