For many years I sold a 14 bolt 6 lug disc brake conversion kit. I stopped about a year ago because of some problems I had with them. This kit used a bolt on bracket that was developed by someone else. It had many problems with bracket and rotor fitment. The rotor was behind the axle so it required that you pull the axle every time you needed to replace the rotors. My first step to improve this was to redo the bracket in order to solve fitment problems. I did not have an axle to go by so I made a weld on bracket. Even then the quality was not where it should be and I had customer complaints about fitment.
I discontinued it last year until I could redo it. Lugnut4x4 is a small company and the quality of my product is very important to me. I will always be looking for ways to improve my product quality and when I get feedback about a problem I take steps to make sure others don’t have that same problem.
Building a new kit
To build a new 14 bolt 6 lug disc brake conversion kit I first needed to buy a 14 bolt 6 lug axle. They are not very common so it took me some time to find one. I got it in the spring, but just got started last month. The hardest part is finding a rotor for fit properly. I wanted this kit to be an easy conversion so I wanted a slide on rotor which I found last month. I am now in the process of creating a bracket. This bracket will not require the axle to be removed in order to install it. The customer will still have to deal with the original backing plate which can be cut off or removed by pulling the axle shaft. Making a new kit is a very slow process, but it will happen before the end of the year.
Update 4-18-18 This kit has been finished for about a year. I have sold many of them and they work very well.