Emergency Brake Kit
Add a parking brake to your rear disc brakes with our Emergency Brake Kit:
- Add a parking brake to one of our disc brake conversion kits
- Brand new calipers feature a clever integrated parking brake
- Kit meets all known inspection requirements for a parking brake
Includes calipers, brake pads, and all necessary hardware.
For many of the people who convert from drum brakes to disc brakes, a parking brake is not needed. However, if you do a conversion with one of our kits and then decide later to add an emergency brake, this kit is what you need.
The kit features:
- Calipers with a clever cable operated mechanism to actuate the brakes. The calipers should work just fine with your OEM parking brake cable.
- Proven parking brake design is based off of 1976-1978 Cadillac Eldorado calipers (no longer in production) which allowed the parking brake to be set with a standard cable.
- The mounting dimensions of these calipers are exactly the same as the JB6/JB7 brake calipers used in almost all of our kits — these calipers will mount on any brackets that accommodate the JB6/JB7 caliper
- You can add substitute these calipers into most of our disc brake conversion kits, or order them separately here.
Whether you need a parking brake for inspection or for piece of mind, this kit works great.
“I run 46 inch XZL Michelin military tires. They weigh 250 pounds apiece. The Lugnut 4×4 kit helped the braking tremendously. I also used the Eldorado calipers and when I set the parking brake they hold the truck with no problems.” – Buddy Smith, Facebook Review
This kit includes:
- Two (2) brand new calipers with parking brake mechanism
- Semi-metallic brake pads
- Levers, springs, and hardware (the springs go between the levers)
- Banjo bolts and copper washers
This kit does not include:
- The parking brake cables that run from the brake to the pedal or hand lever
- Brake fluid